Carrot Margarita

carrot margarita 009 832x1024 Carrot Margarita savory margaritas holiday margaritas beverages

Sipping Saturday

On Monday I filled 185 plastic easter eggs with goodies.

On Tuesday I taped, glued and glittered eggs, bunnies and baskets with my girls.

On Wednesday I ran to the store to pick up the perfect shade of purple my daughter just had to have for her Easter basket.

On Thursday I moved the enormous Easter pinata located in my living room for the fifth time so I could clean.

On Friday as I grated carrots for cupcakes.  I had planned to send with hubby for his co workers.  I became a little frustrated.

I was a little Eastered out.  I was over planning, over preparing and over stressing for a holiday that was a week away.

Honestly who would care if the eggs weren’t perfect, if the decorations were slightly runny from excess glue or if I even sent cupcakes?

I needed to relax.  So I chucked all the carrots into my juicer and concoted this groovy Easter Margarita.  Before the glass touched my lips I hesitated.  It is kinda different, but I like different.  Enjoy!

carrot margarita 006 1024x785 Carrot Margarita savory margaritas holiday margaritas beverages

If you enjoy fresh carrot juice this is the drink for you.  The fresh juice adds a refreshing backdrop to the lime juice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carrot Margarita

makes 4 margaritas

lime wedges

1 cup tequila

1 cup fresh carrot juice

1/3 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup Cointreau

ice cubes

On a small plate spread salt.  With lime wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.  Dip glasses into salt.   Place glasses into freezer to chill.

In a pitcher combine tequila, carrot juice, lime juice and Cointreau.  Remove glasses from freezer and serve margarita mixture over ice. Garnish and Enjoy!

Love Margaritas?  Here’s more great recipes…

Citrus Margarita

Guava Margarita

Comments

1. Jacki says

The only thing I would adjust would be trying Chili Con Limon on half the rim. Yumm!! Which would be good on most of the fruit & cucumber versions.

I know how you felt. I used to plan everything, even the smallest detail. I gave up when i realized life is too short, I don’t need all that stress.
    I love carrot juice and your margarita sounds like a great idea. Guess what? It’s 5 o’clock! Where’s my margarita?!?! LOL

I couldn’t help but laugh and feel that you may have a special kinship with my Mom. I’m sending her your post and your drink. She over-plans and loves margaritas ;o))

Ciao for now,

My first thought was “you must be kidding”, and more I thought, more I thought that actually would be yummie, why not make your margarita healthy? I will definitely give this a try, maybe will relax me too :-) Have a great week!

You have been one busy lady! This margarita was definitely well deserved. I’ve never heard of a carrot margarita before…sounds different, but good! Hope this upcoming week is more relaxing for you :)

I love everything here. The color, the idea of a carrot margarita – but I especially love the decision to take some “me-time” and create for yourself.

I hope you savored that margarita :)
    Sounds like you’re gonna have a fun Easter next week. Good luck with the rest of plans, maybe you relax with a chocolate martini next time ;)

I so remember those days of frazzled, hectic jungling of all to do for the holidays when my kids were younger! I wish I had that Margarita to take a moment and relax! What a creative idea, looks delicious and healthy!

watch out, you’re getting pretty innovative with these margaritas…. and hey, busy girls need a vitamin boost right, sounds like this is perfect

Go you for doing something for YOURSELF. Sometimes we all need to remember to take a step back and just drink a margarita. A healthy margarita no less!