Giveaway details below. Giveaway has Ended thanks for your comments!
I make alot of margaritas. I’m sure by now you have noticed.
Last night as I attempted to make room in a very cluttered pantry for two new bottles I picked up over the weekend. I spotted a bottle in the far left corner, silently hiding. As if. I totally knew it was there. Really, I was saving the bottle for this exact night when I would debut my shiny new pasta maker.
Tequila with pasta?
Oh yes dear pasta loving friends did you think vodka was the only choice?
Tequila Cream Sauce.
Salad dressing, fajitas and even cherries have been laced with my beloved Tequila why not throw pasta into the mix. I have to admit at first I was a little hesitant on how homemade fresh pasta would stand up to tequila,but the thought of tequila simmered with cream was too dreamy of a combination not to try.
The pasta blew me away. I have heard many times that the taste of fresh pasta is like no other and folks it’s true. I have purchased fresh pasta from specialty stores, but really it fails in comparison.
The sauce hands down made my week and it’s only Wednesday.
Gotta love tequila.
GIVEAWAY DETAILS…Giveaway has Ended!!
I was lucky to be visited by the FairyHobmother who loving gifted me with a appliance of my choice. She was also kind enough to offer to grant one of my readers a wish. Please tell me dear readers if the Fairy Hobmother offered you a wish what kitchen appliance would you request?
Please leave your comment for a chance to be visited by the Fairy Hobmother.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ lb cooked chicken breasts, diced , optional
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 - 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound pasta
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions or if using fresh
- pasta cook according to recipe.
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven add olive
- oil and butter.
- When butter has melted add onion and bell pepper. Cook for
- about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic. Cook additional minute.
- Carefully add tequila and cook until reduce by half.
- Almost 5 minutes.
- Add cream, zest, lime juice, cumin and cheese and stir to
- Taste, season with salt and pepper.
- If sauce becomes thick add additional cream, serve over
- pasta, chicken and garnish with cilantro.