Mushroom, Jalapeño and Cilantro Salsa
I’m a salsa chica. Every meal, every plate you can count on there being salsa, it’s a part of my life.
BUT when I was invited to take part in the cookbook spotlight of the new Muy Bueno Cookbook and Mushroom salsa was the first recipe to feature – I did a little double take, mushrooms in salsa? Really?
Then I thought why not? Loaded with lovely red onions, swimming with jalapenos, a handful of cilantro and a splash of lime juice. I’ll give it a whirl~
And you know what? It was freaking amazing! I’m sure you caught this tid bit of super happiness if you follow me on facebook. You do right?
I am officially hooked on mushroom salsa. This salsa chica approves. Piled high on a crispy bollio slathered in beans dinner doesn’t get much tastier.
- 1 lb. mushrooms, stemmed & finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed & finely chopped
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1Tbs. olive oil
- Black pepper
- In a bowl combine the mushrooms, onions, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice and olive oil and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit a couple of hours allowing the flavors to meld. This salsa is best served room temperature
- Use this salsa as you would any salsa: scoop it up with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for fish, chicken, or steak.