Papaya Jell-O Mimosas
My mom used to feed us lime green Jell-O when we were sick. She would make it in a big blue bowl, stash it in the fridge and scoop out as needed. I hated it.
I had three Jell-O shots in college. I threw up. I hated myself.
As a newlywed I received a complete set of easy, Jell-O dessert treats as a wedding present. No name was left on the gift tag. I hated those books.
One Christmas I was asked to bring a cherry Jell-O mold for our Christmas party. I made it, scowled the entire time and not once did I lick my fingers. I hate Jell-O molds.
I gave birth to my daughter, nursed her, showered her and did not sleep a wink the entire first year of her life. One day she fell ill and I rushed to the store to pick up her meds, Vicks vapor rub and …yup…lime green Jell-O-O.
I called my mom that night and we laughed. I’ve decided to give Jell-O another chance.
Be an adult and reason with my emotions. I made Jell-O mimosas, see I’m trying.
- ¼ cup fresh papaya juice
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold club soda or champagne
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- Heat papaya juice over medium heat until warm.
- Add to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.
- Stir in club soda.
- Fill small tea cups or coffee cups with gelatin.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream
adapted from Jell-O