Quick and Easy Arroz con Pollo
This is not my mom’s arroz con pollo. My mom makes the best, stick to your ribs; soothe your soul arroz con pollo. It also takes her a few hours to make it. On days when all patience gets thrown out the door and my soul needs soothing I rely on tasty shortcuts to give my belly exactly what it needs, arroz con pollo.
First off the cooking time is cut in half by using pre-made rice from last night’s dinner. I always have rice stashed away in the fridge. A can of diced tomatoes with chiles, a few cups of frozen veggies, a quick sauté and dinner is served.
Serve alongside a few warm corn tortillas y con un poquito de salsa y listo!
Welcome to Week 3 of the H-E-B meal maker challenge where Texas bloggers come together to bring you Family friendly meals in 30 minutes or less and 7 ingredients or less.
This week’s featured ingredient is H-E-B’s Natural chicken Breasts. My freezer is always stocked with chicken, whether whole, legs, tenders or whole cut fryers to BBQ. Amazing for home-made chicken stock and of course for caldo de pollo, chicken is must-have in my home. Chicken was also the first protein I learned to cook as a teenager, so we have a pretty tight relationship.
Also all Ten bloggers participating in the H-E-B Meal Maker Challenge are participating in a Pin to Win challenge. Pin this recipe to enter for a chance to win 1,500 in prizes. Head over to H-E-B Meal Makers Challenge Pin to Win site to vote, Good Luck! Sweepstake runs through Sept. 6, so get those pins in!
- 2 pounds H-E-B Natural chicken breasts
- Pam, non stick cooking spray
- 1 (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups fully cooked brown rice
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Spray a large nonstick pan over medium- high heat. Add chicken in bathes and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- When all chicken in cooked; return to pan Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, peas, corn and rice. Simmer until peas, corn and rice have warm through, about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Sweet Life disclosure: I have been compensated to develop recipes with H-E-B and ConAgra.