Fajitas with Salsa de Cacahuate
Welcome to Week 5 of the H-E-B meal maker challenge where Texas bloggers come together to bring you Family friendly meals in 30 minutes or less and 7 ingredients or less.
This week’s featured ingredient is Peter Pan Peanut Butter. And in the spirit of Labor Day, gearing up for football season I knew I just had to drizzle this spicy sauce of a platter of sizzling fajitas.
Also all Ten bloggers participating in the H-E-B Meal Maker Challenge are participating in a Pin to Win challenge. Pin this recipe to enter for a chance to win 1,500 in prizes. Head over to H-E-B Meal Makers Challenge Pin to Win site to vote, Good Luck! Sweepstake runs through Sept. 6, so get those pins in!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground ancho chile powder
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a blender combine peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth and ground ancho chile. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Season skirt steak with salt and pepper; preheat grill or grill rack to medium-high heat.
- Grill 7-10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill, let meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain, place on platter and drizzle with salsa de cacahuate.
- Optional: Serve with salsa, guacamole, sliced onion, radishes, cilantro and wedges of lime