Hatch Chile Breakfast Potatoes
It’s Hatch Chile season!
I adore cooking with these bright chiles and love adding them to my breakfast skillet potatoes. My girls enjoy these potatoes served with a fried egg on top and hubby loves to add even more salsa to his. I personally like to stuff them in a warm corn tortilla with finely sliced cabbage.
Great for brunch, even better when serving breakfast for dinner or totally acceptable for midnight snacking after a few margaritas (ahem, ya this might have happened a few times).
- 4 medium potatoes diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 Hatch chiles roasted, peeled and diced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 Cup of cilantro
- Place diced potatoes in a saucepan and cover with broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- For salsa~ Place hatch chiles, onion, garlic, lime juice and cilantro in a food processor; blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add oil.
- Drain potatoes well and add to skillet.
- Allow the potatoes to crisp on each side; this can take 5- 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of hatch chile salsa.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and season.