Honey Chipotle Lime Shrimp
Today’s recipe of the day is brought to you by the letter S.
Sweet Sticky Spicy Shrimp
A kiss of sweet sticky goodness from honey with a hint of spice from chipotles ladled over plump shrimp.
A splash of lime juice and a handful of cilantro and dinner is ready. Sweet.
- 2 chipotle chiles en adobo from can
- 4 Tbsp. of adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- To a blender add chipotles, adobo sauce, honey, garlic and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp in batches; cook 3-4 minutes until pink and cook through.
- Remove shrimp to a bowl and repeat until all shrimp is cooked.
- After all shrimp is cooked and in bowl, crank up the heat add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened a bit reduce heat, add shrimp, toss to combine.
- Serve warm over rice with cilantro.
A Lenten Linky Feast~ Join in