Sweet LifeDisclosure: This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are my own.
Avocado Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Summer is here! Lazy days by the pool, lounging in bed reading books and sleeping in; this is what summer is all about. Well, not in this house. We are getting busier and busier each week. With no signs of slowing down I want to make sure we are at least filling our bellies with something healthy on the way out the door. And this is where smoothies come in handy. My little ladies love sipping on smoothies with bright pink straws as they watch a bit of morning cartoons. I like them because I can make them ahead, not to mention they are so versatile. There is literally no end to the combination you can imagine or create with what you have on-hand in the kitchen.
To make prep easier I keep a batch of overnight oats in the fridge, plenty of fresh or frozen fruit on my island and a colorful mix of seeds in my pantry. I add everything to my blender and with a quick whiz we are set. Mi carino is currently obsessed with coconut water, so instead of juice I have been sprucing up our morning smoothies with it since we have a ton in the fridge.
On the rare days when we have nowhere to be I like to serve my smoothies in colorful layers, studded with plenty of seeds and topped with fresh fruit. The girls get a kick out of it and I ….well I love seeing them smile. We recently tried an avocado-blueberry-coconut variation and it went over splendid with the entire family. My little one even asked if we could have it for lunch. I like that idea, less cooking.
This recipe was made with Avocados from Mexico, who I have had the pleasure to work with on quite a few campaigns. So I’m pretty stoked they created a Community page to where avocado lovers can share their creations.
I’m uploading this recipe and a few more to the Avocados from Mexico Community recipe page, why not add your latest creations and inspire someone to cook with avocados. If you add your recipe let me know in the comment section I’d love to check it out.
- 1 cup fully cooked oatmeal; divided
- 1 cup coconut water; divided
- 2 medium avocados pit removed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey or agave; divided
- Sunflower seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- To a blender add cooked ½ cup oatmeal, ½ cup coconut water, blueberries and 1 tbsp. agave.
- Blend until smooth. Mix in seeds of choice and with spoon layer into glass.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Rinse out blender to make following layer.
- To the blender add remaining ½ cup oatmeal, ½ cup coconut water, avocados and 1 tbsp agave.
- Blend until smooth; remove glass from refrigerator and with a spoon add avocado oatmeal layer over blueberry layer.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with blueberries and shredded coconut.
Can be assembled the night before;place in fridge.