Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. I received compensation for this post, however all opinions stated are my own.
A Summer of Salads Celebration with Avocados From Mexico
When the Texas temperatures begin to climb, climb, climb the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time in the kitchen. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to enjoy meals that are satisfying and delicious. I begin to crave light, refreshing meals where I can showcase summer’s best. I make Salads! A salad is so much more than a pile of lettuce – the possibilities are endless. Pulling together a salad is a great way to feature summer’s best produce, sweet corn, crisp lettuce, juicy peaches, tender squash and creamy Avocados from Mexico.
My family loves Avocados so you can always find them in my kitchen ready to be added to side dishes, salads or entrees. Lucky for me fresh Avocados from Mexico are available year round so we can enjoy them any time of the year. Today I’d like to share with you a great way to use avocados from Mexico to add a creamy, rich texture and delicious flavor to my Summer Salad.
Summer is the best time to create salads, produce is at its peak and nothing beats juicy, ripe fruit. This summer salad boasts all my favorite colors of the summer and excites my taste buds with flavor, texture and crunch.
squash – spinach- peaches- kiwis- avocados-jicama- carrots- red onion-pepitas
Also, what’s a great salad without a fantastic dressing? For this dressing all you need is a blender or food processor to whisk up this tangy kiwi-avocado dressing. Packed with nutritious goodness with kiwis and avocados which contain good fats and early 20 excellent for you nutrients and with only 50 calories for 1 0z serving, you can’t beat this dressing. Make sure you double the batch and enjoy it all week.
This healthy salad is a great option for a no-cook weeknight meal or lunch and is also perfect to share at your next Summer picnic or potluck. And don’t forget to add plenty of Avocados From Mexico to your salad sliced, diced or even blended into dressings, avocados are at home atop any summer salad.
Celebrate a Summer of Salads along with Avocados From Mexico with two fun Giveaways!
Enter below for your chance to win a prize packages valued at $300.00
AND you could also enter their Instagram Sweeps to win an Avocado from Mexico prize pack by:
Following @avocadosfrommexico on Instagram
Uploading a tasty salad featuring avocados and tag @avocadosfrommexico
Use hashtag #SummerSalad
Woo-Hoo! Good Luck!
- For Salad:
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced
- 6 cup fresh spinach
- 2 small peaches sliced
- 2 Kiwis sliced
- 4 Avocados from Mexico halved pit removed
- ½ medium jicama peeled and julienne-cut (matchstick)
- 1 cup julienne –cut carrots
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pepitas
- For Dressing:
- 1 Avocado from Mexico pit removed
- 2 kiwis peeled and diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cilantro washed and chopped
- For Dressing:
- Combine avocado, kiwis, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice and cilantro in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Salad:
- Arrange the yellow squash slices around the rim of 4 plates. In the center of each plate place 1 ½ cup of spinach and tuck peach and kiwi slices throughout spinach on each plate. Over peach and kiwi slices place one avocado, halved on each salad plate. Sprinkle with jicama and carrots, drizzle with avocado-kiwi dressing and top with pepitas.
The Summer of Salads Prize Pack includes:
- $100 grocery gift card
- Wooden Salad Bowl Serving Set ($50)
- OXO Stainless Steel Salad Spinner ($50)
- Over the Sink Cutting Board ($30)
- Avocado Cuber ($17)
- Salad Dressing Emulsifier ($15)
- Avocado Tea Towel ($23)
- Cheryl Forberg’s Flavor First cookbook