Sweet Life Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nature Valley™ through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Nature Valley™ Protein Granola, all opinions are my own.
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
I was addicted, obsessed with Oat and Honey Nature Valley™ Granola bars during my junior year in High School. They were the ultimate mid-day snack I would slide a few bars into my purse and proceed with what I thought was a busy day. From band practice to class to tennis practice I was ready to conquer my day with my granola bars.
These days with two active children plus two active pups, working from home and trying keep my house from bursting at the seams from piles of laundry, dirty dishes and dust bunnies those busy high schools seem like a cake walk.
After all these years my older, wiser heart still flutters for Nature Valley™ Granola bars, so you can imagine my delight when I feasted my eyes on Nature Valley™ Protein Granola. A 1/2 cup Nature Valley™ Protein Granola provides 10 grams of protein and 22-26 grams of whole grain, at least 48 grams of whole grain recommended daily and bursting with the Oat and Honey flavor I have adored since my high school days it’s the ultimate powerhouse breakfast to help me conquer my day.
I gobbled though the first bag when I decided it was time to share my Nature Valley™ passion with my children and decided to bake some cookies to surprise them. These cookies are crunchy, crispy from the oats with pops of chocolate sweetness from semisweet chocolate chips. Enjoyed warm right out of the oven and these cookies will quickly erase any hectic day. I predict a new generation of Nature Valley™ lovers, sweet.
- 1 cup all-white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Nature Valley™ Protein Granola
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, then beat in egg until combined well. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in granola and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie batter by 2 tablespoons mounds 2 inches apart onto 2 large baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Then pat each mound into a 2 1/2-inch round.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through baking, until pale golden, about 13 minutes. Cool on sheets 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.