Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Cacique and Latina Bloggers Connect. Thank you for supporting the companies Sweet Life collaborates with which allows me to create fun and unique recipes.
Baked Chicken Nachos
As the days get shorter and the temperatures begin to drop, curling up in the living to watch a movie night is a great way to enjoy family time. And when cuddling up to watch a good movie, snacks are necessary, but after a long day easy, kid friendly snacks that will satisfy even the pickiest kid is a must.
I like to throw a huge quilt on the floor, clear off the coffee table and serve up a huge platter of oven baked nachos to enjoy family style as we watch the movie. Everyone loves nachos, they are the ultimate movie night munchies, not to mention they are simple to make, easy and darn delicious.
Nachos are super kid-friendly. I say give those tiny hands a chance to help you make these cheesy nachos. My kids love to layer, not to mention sprinkling the cheese and they are the best helpers making sure every tortilla chip is evenly topped with cheese. Assembled and baked on a baking sheet these chicken nachos are fun to make, require only one pan and clean up is a snap. Hurray for less dishes to wash. This is a one pan recipe.
The key to making great nachos is to properly layer, tasty toppings and always, always use quality cheese, nothing ruins nachos more than lackluster cheese. This is why I always keep my fridge brimming with Cacique cheeses. From queso fresco, to Oaxaca to manchego and don’t forget the crema to drizzle over the nachos warm from the oven they are my go-to Mexican cheese to cook with. Delish!
I grated a huge pile of Cacique Oaxaca, diced up leftover roasted chicken, made a quick topping of queso fresco, red onion and cilantro and began layering my ingredients. A few spoons of fire roasted tomatoes and the baking sheet was placed in the oven. Warm from the oven I topped the nachos with my queso fresco topping and a drizzled them with crema y listo!
This holiday season I hope you enjoy family movie night with these tasty nachos. Be sure to enter Cacique’s Dinner and a Movie Sweepstakes for a chance to win a VIP movie experience in LA featuring a behind-the-scenes studio tour and private screening, fun! Good Luck!
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups diced cooked roasted chicken
- 3 cups shredded Cacique Oaxaca cheese
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup Cacique queso fresco crumbled
- ½ cup finely minced red onion
- ½ cup cilantro
- Cacique crema Mexicana
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange half the bag of tortilla chips on a baking sheets, sprinkle with half the diced roasted chicken, half the shredded Oaxaca cheese and half the diced roasted tomatoes. Add second layer of remaining tortillas chips and top with remaining diced roasted chicken, shredded cheese and diced tomatoes. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and chicken has warm through. While nachos bake in a bowl toss together crumbled queso fresco, minced red onion and cilantro. Remove nachos from oven, top with queso fresco mixture and drizzle with crema Mexicana, serve warm.