Citrus Honey Punch

Citrus Honey Punch 004 1024x680 Citrus Honey Punch breakfasts beverages

Citrus Season is in full swing here in the Rio Grande Valley.  As you drive through the valley every fruit stall is brimming with bag after bag of citrus.  One of our favorite times of the year as we enjoy freshly squeezed juice every morning with our breakfast.  Here is a tangy citrus punch made also with local honey.  Enjoy! Sweet Life!

Citrus Honey Punch 012 1024x680 Citrus Honey Punch breakfasts beverages

Citrus Honey Punch

1/2  cup Honey

1/2 cup water

4 grapefruits

3 oranges

2 lemons

Dissolve the honey in the water over medium heat.

Allow to cool.

Juice the grapefruit, oranges and lemons and place in a pitcher.  (strain if desired)

Add the honey syrup and mix well.

Serve over ice.

serves 4

Comments

I feel refreshed just reading the recipe and we’re having citrus season here and it is fantastic. I’ve been having fun with blood oranges but I see I’ll have to be diverted.

This looks way too healthy and yummy. Might have to bring it down to my level by mixing in some tequila. :-)

Your pictures are as splendid as your recipe.

Oh Bonnie, this sounds so refreshing! Hey, I’ve noticed a lot of your stuff lately is very well rounded and healthful-that’s nice, my lovely (smile). Oh, and I’m going to make this. I actually have honey, which is rare. Citrus too…
    p.s. I’m taking a little break from blogging, as you may have noticed. I’ll be back though. And, in the meantime, I’ll be by to see what you guys are up to…Yes!

Another great thing about living in Texas…these amazing grapefruits! I’ve been eating one everyday. This punch sounds so refreshing. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. May the middle of your week be full of joy and laughter.

now that is a glass of sunshine, citrus flavored throughout – the cool weather here sure has made the fruit extra sweet this year, hope it did the same over there…

Nothing beats getting local produce and creating a tasty punch with such pride. Love your enthusiasm over the simple things Bonnie ;o)

Have a great week and flavourful wishes,