Watermelon Margarita

watermelon margarita 041 685x1024 Watermelon Margarita melon margaritas fruit margaritas beverages

Sipping Saturday

This Sunday we are off to enjoy the Watermelon Festival in Donna, Texas.  I considered entering the seed spitting contest, but I decided to spare my kids the unnecessary embarrassment of watching their mom make a fool out of herself.   I think I’ll leave this event to the professionals.  In celebration of this event I bring you watermelon margaritas! Enjoy!

watermelon margarita 008 1024x1000 Watermelon Margarita melon margaritas fruit margaritas beverages

Fresh watermelon is juiced, combined with tequila and lime for one of my favorite go to summer margaritas.  Heads up when incorporating your lime juice, add slowly and stir to your taste preference.  One of my heat quenching addictions is cold sandia (watermelon) sprinkled with salt, so when I serve my margaritas I rim the glass heavily with salt.  Once again rim to your taste.

watermelon margarita 036 1024x685 Watermelon Margarita melon margaritas fruit margaritas beverages

Watermelon Margarita

makes 4 margaritas

salt

lime wedges

1 cup tequila

1 cup fresh watermelon juice – strained

1/3 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup Cointreau

ice cubes

On a small plate spread salt.  With lime wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.  Dip glasses into salt.   Place glasses into freezer to chill.

In a pitcher combine tequila, watermelon juice, lime juice and Cointreau.  Remove glasses from freezer and serve margaritas mixture over ice. Garnish with lime slices.

*If you do not own a juicer, no worries. Add watermelon to your blender with a small amount of water (less than 1/4 cup) and blend.  I used a seedless watermelon, but blend and strain if your watermelon contain seeds.

Margarita Mania

Strawberry Margarita

Guava Margarita

Carrot Margarita

Citrus Margarita

Cantaloupe Margarita

Papaya Margarita

Pina y Pepino Margarita

Comments

Guess what…I made it and it was SO good!!! Mine didn’t turn out as pretty as yours though. The color of yours is such a pretty deep red but mine turned out more pinkish. Maybe it was just the difference the watermelon? Anyway, thanks so much for all the wonderful and tempting recipes! :)

My dear Bonnie, You’re clearly the Queen of Margaritas. Even tho I rarely drink alcohol, I’d love to take at least one sip of your wonderful combination.
    Thanks so much for sharing :)

You are funny Bonnie, Seed spitting competition that is hilarious. But as usual your margarita is out of this world. Will try this one as soon as I can see some speck of sun here.

Mmmm… so refreshing and perfect for summer drinking! I’m with you on adding salt to my watermelon, just seems to bring out the flavor!

• Katie says

Dang strait we do. This lady just became a national treasure for her honeydew margarita. Can’t wait to see what she comes up with next

This looks delicious! I love watermelon but my husband does not touch it, so I’m always looking for different ways to enjoy watermelon. This is definitely something I’d love to try this year! The color is so beautiful, too!

Ha ha ha ha…how thoughtful of you ;) I don’t know…I think my kids would LOVE watching me spit seeds. Although, I probably wouldn’t be very good at it…I’d have to leave it up to mi esposo. These margaritas are calling my name.

I’ve just got to try this! It looks wonderful, and I have a feeling that it’ll be hard to stop at just one!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! :) Have a great weekend, sheila

Watermelon festival sounds like heaps of fun!! We don’t have any here :( I would love to watch a watermelon seed spitting competition :D This margarita looks really good! I love the lime skewers on the top- they look so cute!

1. […] fiesta is complete without a fancy Margarita to wash down all that cheese! I’m drooling over this Watermelon Margarita from Vianney at the Sweet Life blog. So beautiful and refreshing! If watermelon isn’t your fave […]