4th of July Paletas

4th of july paletas 0071 1024x981 4th of July Paletas sweet treats

Keep cool this 4th of July with a patriotic paleta.

A tri-colored treat with an explosion of flavors.   Layers of strawberry, lemon and blueberry juice produce a sweet – tart- sweet celebration for your summer taste buds.

Keep your guests refreshed with these pretty pops while you create magic on the grill or enjoy as the fireworks light up the sky! Enjoy!

4th og july paleatas 0061 685x1024 4th of July Paletas sweet treats

Red. White. Blue.

The colors of July 4th!

Strawberry. Lemon. Blueberry.

The flavors of summer!

4th of July paletas 0091 1024x605 4th of July Paletas sweet treats

4th of July Paletas

makes 10

• 2 cups strawberry juice
  • 2 cups lemonade
  • 2 cups blueberry juice
  • paleta mold or dixie cups

For the first layer:

1. Pour the strawberry juice into the mold to your desired layer.
  2. Freeze for 1 hour.
  3. Remove from freezer and insert your wooden sticks.
  4. Freeze for another hour. Freezing each layer completely will prevent colors from running.

Second Layer:

1. Pour your layer of lemonade.
  2. Return to freezer and freeze 1 hour.

Third Layer:

1. Remove mold from freezer and add your final layer.
  2. Return and freeze 1 hour or overnight.
  3. To serve run warm water along side of mold and remove carefully not to break wooden stick.

*If using dixie cups or a smaller mold, reduce the amount of juice.

Crave more paletas? Why not try these flavors?

Paletas de Sandia

Paletas de Mango

Comments

1. Tammy says

I love palettas! These are so festive too. I’m off to check out your other recipes for other flavors.

My colors ran…ah well, perhaps next time.

Also, did you make your own juice, or buy it?
    We bought them, but couldn’t find strawberry juice.

hey Carrie,
    They ran, sorry I also had a batch that ran. I rushed them, so they did not set properly.
    I used fresh juice.
    bonnie

These might be considered a little more patience…but…oooh…how worth it they must be…mummm.

Happy celebratory 4th to you and your whole familia ;o)

Ciao for now Bonnie and flavourful wishes,

Oh my goodness…you sure do know what we need in this Texas heat! I wish I had one of these now. It is nearly 10:30, and it is still too hot! Thank you for sharing another beautiful recipe with me. You are an inspiration and a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful end to your week, my sweet friend!

What a wonderful idea for the Fourth of July! Strawberry, blueberry, and lemon are perfect flavors together, and of course the colors are patriotic and fitting for the holiday. As usual, you made a wonderful fruity and refreshing treat that makes my mouth water!! :)

I honestly bought some new pop mold to make something like this for the fourth when i go home for our huge annual celebration and I am so glad you posted this because I will just use this recipe! it is awesome!

Absolutely stunning! I am still so impressed that yours come out looking perfect and so professional while mine are half melted by the time they fully release from the mold.
    :( Poor me!
    Valerie

It’s getting warmer here now. These ice pops would be so comforting and refreshing. I love the colour combination. Thanks very much for sharing.