|December 14, 2011||Posted by Vianney under Baked Goods, Giveaways, Holiday Bites, Mexican, Sweet Treats|
It has rained for the last three days. I have transformed into different person accomplishing so many tasks that had fallen behind and with the rain, giving me reason not to leave the house. I have become efficient. My girls on the other hand have sat through their entire holiday carton collection, filled an entire wall with Christmas art and have finally taken to following me from room to room.
Goodness!! What’s a mom to do? Throw a party!!
My girls needed a lift, a dose of holiday cheer, excitement. Bring on the Flan!! I’m not sure why I only serve flan for guests, special occasions or lug it any family event we have. Really, aren’t my girls the most important guests I will ever have? They are in fact only with me until they decide to tear my heart out and leave for college. So why not throw a shin dig, a fiesta, a darn it will it ever stop raining so I can take these kids to park party. Bring on the flan!! Enjoy!!
recipe from Nestle
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lime peel
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- HEAT sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel-colored. Pour onto bottom of 9-inch-round cake pan; quickly swirl around bottom to coat.
- PLACE evaporated milk, LA LECHERA, eggs, lime juice and grated lime peel in blender; cover. Blend for 5 seconds. Pour into prepared pan; cover lightly with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
- BAKE for 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- TO SERVE, run small spatula around edge of pan. Invert serving plate over pan. Turn over; shake gently to release.
GIVEAWAY!! For you my lovely readers, my food loving guests enter to win a Nestle prize pack of: Giveaway has ended, thanks!
Flan recipes courtesy of Nestle La Lechera and….
1- La Lechera Condensed Milk
1-La Lechera Dulce de Leche
A set of four ceramic ramekins
1-Disposable digital camera
1-$25 gift card
For 1 entry – comment
For 1 entry – Like Sweet Life Facebook Page
For 1 entry – Grab Sweet Life Feed
Winner will be announced Monday.
Open to U.S. Residents only. No PO Boxes, please. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Winner will be randomly chosen from all entries through random.org.
© 2011 – 2013, Sweet Life. All rights reserved.