Garbanzo Salad with Mango Cumin Dressing
My mother loves garbanzo beans (chickpeas). You can always find them in her pantry and she frequently eats them for lunch in a salad or adds them to her soups. I had some leftover mango cumin dressing from our movie night and I decided to use it on a quick salad for my mother and I for lunch. This salad came together very quickly; a few strokes with the knife and you are done. Loaded with garbanzo beans, red onion, avocado, cucumber and jicama. Served over a bed of fresh spinach or even with a bowl of crispy tortillas chips as an appetizer this salad was a hit. Actually the salad was much easier to make than my horrible attempt to snap a great photo. I had the worst time taking a quality shot. I believe it was partly the dressing’s fault in that it coated the entire salad contents with a mango colored sheen or maybe it was my need to feed that drove me to cut my photo session short.
I’m sure it was the need to feed. My stomach runs my life. Enjoy!
- 2 -15 oz cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ jicama, diced
- 2 large avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl add garbanzo beans, red onion, jicama, avocado and cucumbers.
- Dress with mango cumin dressing or your favorite salad dressing.
- Toss to combine, add cilantro and a splash of lime and serve.
This salad can be dressed with any of your favorite salad dressings or simply dress with a mix of olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.