Apple Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
I love Thanksgiving. Okay let me be honest I love Thanksgiving stuffing!
And Thanksgiving mashed potatoes and Thanksgiving gravy…. I’m all about the side dishes.
Chorizo, cumin and oregano give this stuffing a hearty bite, while the cilantro and apple add a sweet perk. Make your favorite cornbread recipe or feel free to use a quality cornbread from your local bakery.
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 apples of your choice, diced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- ½ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake the cornbread on a baking sheet for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.
- In a large skillet cook chorizo over medium high heat until brown.
- Add onions, celery, oregano and cumin.
- Sauté until lightly softened about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and add garlic and apples.
- Continue to cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth to pan, stir to combine and loosen bits on bottom of pan.
- Stir in cilantro and cornbread. Place the dressing into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes or until lightly brown.
Dressing can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and place in fridge. Reheat in oven until hot.
We are celebrating Thanksgiving with Food Network and some of my favorite food bloggers!
Pull up a chair and check out the amazing feast!! follow along on twitter #PullUpAChair
Cocktails, Appetizers, Salads and Breads:
Haute Apple Pie: Apple Jack
Cooking With Books: Spiced Couscous and Walnut Salad
Mooshu Jenne: Honey Bacon Potato Pops
Food For My Family: Roasted Beet and Lacinato Kale Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Super Seeded Cornbread
Feed Me Phoebe: Cornbread and Wild Rice Stuffing With Hazelnuts and Cranberries
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Chorizo, Cornbread and Tortilla Dressing
Sweet Life: Apple Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
And Love It, Too: Paleo Green Bean Casserole
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Sweet Spiced Winter Squash Casserole
Red or Green?: Corn, Peppers and Onion Saute
Simple Bites: Honey Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Virtually Homemade: Fresh Orange and Cranberry Sauce With Toasted Walnuts
What’s Gaby Cooking: Sweet Potato Gratin (pictured above)
The Heritage Cook: Cauliflower Gratin
Creative Culinary: Creamy Mushroom Bake With Parmesan and Panko
Bacon and Souffle: Spicy Carnival Squash
I Am Baker: Pumpkin Bars in a Jar
Add a Pinch: Caramel Pie