Strawberry Love Pies
|February 12, 2013||Posted by Vianney under Baked Goods, Cooking with Kids, Holiday Bites|
Strawberry Love Pies
Every year we head out to the Poteet Strawberry Festival in Poteet, Texas. We stuff our faces, sip on strawberry lemonade and do a little shopping. And every year I happily lug home 10 pounds of the sweetest strawberries grown by local farmers and a few jars of the best strawberry jam. I eat it by the spoonful whenever I get a bit down or need a dose of summer comfort. But I always, always save a jar for February, the month of love.
Hearts, hearts and more hearts I simply cannot get enough of fat juicy hearts.
My girls look forward to February as much as I do. We all get giddy with the overload of sweet, syrupy, sugary kind of love going on in our house, it’s delightful.
On Sunday I rummaged through my pantry and pulled out the last jar of jam to make these mini heart pies.
I used ready to bake pie crust, dusted them sugar and in no time Sweet Strawberry Love was in the air. Enjoy!
H-E-B wanted to know if I could whip up a simple, sweet Valentine treat using a few H-E-B products, easy enough every Texas gal shops at H-E-B. I picked up a few packages of ready to bake pie crusts and set off to bake these dainty pies.
- 1 (14 oz) package HEB ready to bake pie crust
- Cookie cutters
- Strawberry Jam
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 400?F.
- Prepare pie crust: Refrigerated, thaw for 15-20 minutes ? Frozen, thaw 50-60 minutes
- Unroll 1 pie crust onto cutting board or cookie sheet. Using cookie cutters, cut pie crust to make hearts.
- Repeat with second pie crust.
- Place strawberry jam in center of heart shaped dough.
- Place another heart shaped dough cut-out over jam.
- With a fork crimp the edges of the pies to seal.
- Brush the tops of the pies with beaten egg, then dust with the sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving. (Filling will be hot.)
Sweet Life disclourse: This is a sponsored post with H-E-B. My thoughts, love and passion remain my own.
© 2013, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.