Eggnog Bread – Pan de Rompope
My mami loves rompope – I mean she is addicted to it, so every year the day after Thanksgiving she begins whipping up batch after batch to enjoy the entire month of December. She enjoys a cup while she watches her favorite novela, while she sits outside watching the kids play or with a piece of pan dulce in the afternoon. I decided to whip up an easy quick bread featuring her beloved rompope (eggnog) that she could enjoy with yup, a cup of rompope.
I’m submitting this recipe to the “Have a GRAIN Holiday” recipe contest from Hodgson Mill! Read below on how you can enter and receive a coupon to get you started baking for the Holiday season.
And Hodgson Mills wants you to get enjoy your Holiday Season with a great giveaway, read below for full details!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup light oilve oil
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour ( I used Hodgson Mill white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 loaf pans- 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3
- Beat sugar and egg in mixing bowl. Beat in melted butter and add eggnog and extract. Mix Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg over the eggnog mixture. stir until moistened. Mix in nuts and fruit. Turn into greased (2) loaf pans. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Let stand 20 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool.
- 1 taza de azúcar morena
- 1 huevo grande
- 1/4 taza de aceite ligero oilve
- 1 1/2 taza de ponche de huevo, rompope (eggnog)
- 1 cucharadita de vainilla
- 3 tazas de harina
- 1 cucharada de polvo para hornear
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/2 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de nuez moscada molida
- 2/3 taza de piezas de pecanas
- 1 taza de pasas
- 2 moldes para pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3
- Bate el azúcar y el huevo en un recipiente. Batir la mantequilla derretida y añadir el ponche de huevo y el extracto. Mezclar tamizar la harina, el polvo para hornear, la sal, la canela y la nuez moscada sobre la mezcla de ponche de huevo. revuelva hasta que se humedezca. Mezclar las nueces y frutas. A su vez en (2) moldes para pan engrasados. Hornee a 350 grados durante aproximadamente 1 hora, hasta que al insertar un palillo en, éste salga limpio. Dejar reposar 20 minutos. Encienda la parrilla del ontológica enfriar.
Once Thanksgiving rolls around, visions of sugarplums begin to inspire sweets and treats to celebrate the holiday season. We all have our favorite winter traditions – be it buttery, savory dinner rolls or gooey peppermint brownies – but don’t let preservative-laden baked goods slow down the most wonderful time of the year. Enjoy your favorite family recipes with a healthy new twist using nutritious Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour.
Hodgson Mill knows that good-for-you foods should taste good, too. Lighten up the holidays by adding high-quality and non-GMO Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour and baking mixes to your holiday spread. Unlike bleached and enriched white flour products often void of fiber and filled with preservatives, Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour is straight from nature with nothing added and nothing taken away.
“25 Days of GRAIN Holiday” Sweepstakes and Seasons of Savings
Want to experience the flavor and health benefits of Hodgson Mill products for yourself? Between 12/1/13 and 12/25/13, enter to win the “25 Days of GRAIN Holiday” Sweeps on the Hodgson Mill Facebook page for your chance to win an assortment of product valued at $25 from the Hodgson Mill online store! We’ll select one winner each day for 25 days, their choice of gluten-free products or an assortment of organic whole wheat flours and baking mixes.
Plus, as thanks for entering the sweepstakes, you’ll receive a coupon good for $1 off any five (5) pound bag of Hodgson Mill flour or cornmeal!
A prize-pack giveaway from Hodgson Mills; a $25 value of assorted Hodgson Mill products.
- Winner’s choice of gluten free or whole wheat products!