Paletas de Piña y Arándano ~ Pineapple Blueberry Pops
I spent the weekend making salsa, small batches of salsa. I get this way sometimes. I crave chile and lots and lots of heat. And I want to drizzle it on everything. I almost laced my pancakes with it, but noticed the stare from my 7 yr old from the corner of my eye and contained myself. I still think blueberry pancakes with salsa verde would have rocked!
Geez… estas niñas.
By the end of the weekend I had nibbled on a few tacos, a stack of tortillas chips and a few eggs all slathered in salsa when my tongue screamed for relief.
Paletas de salsa? Now that would be awesome. Well… until I figure out how to make that recipe happen today we cool off with pineapple blueberry paletas, Enjoy!
- 4 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries plus ½ cup
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Place pineapple,blueberries, lime juice and salt in blender or food processor with just a splash of the 1/2 cup water.
- You do not want to dilute the pineapple/blueberry flavor.
- Blend until smooth and strain.
- Pour fresh juice into your paleta mold, add blueberries and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Insert Popsicle sticks and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- To release paletas run your mold under warm water.
*Try soaking your wooden stick in warm water 20 minutes before using. This helps the stick to stay in place.
I’m sharing this with Girlichef’s Summer of the Popsicle