Cinnamon Orange Margarita
Happy National Margarita Day! I’ve teamed up with a few fellow tequila lovers to provide you with plenty of inspiration to help you celebrate this fun day in style.
Inspired by the cinnamon oranges I keep in my fridge to enjoy with my French toast or in my oatmeal I decided to create this citrus margarita laced with a hint of warmth from cinnamon. I added a splash of tequila, ice and a few sprinkles of ground cinnamon and salt y listo! Salud!
- For Cinnamon Oranges:
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- For Margarita:
- Ground Cinnamon
For Cinnamon Oranges:
With a sharp knife, remove rind and white pith from oranges. Cut each into 5 or 6 slices and place in bowl. Whisk together orange juice and lemon juice and sugar. Pour over oranges, add cinnamon stick, cover and place in fridge for up to 2 days.
To a cocktail shaker filled with ice add one orange slice, 3 ounces cinnamon orange syrup, plus 3 ounces tequila. Add ice and shake vigorously until chilled, about 2 minutes. Strain into glass filled with ice and sprinkle with salt and ground cinnamon, garnish with cinnamon stick.
Thank you Heather from Girlichef.com for hosting this event!
- Blood Orange Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Blood Orange Margarita from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Caramelized Grapefruit Margarita from girlichef
- Cool Margarita Mule from Peaceful Cooking
- Iced Coffee Margarita from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Minty Papaya Margarita with Chile de Arbol Spice from Nibbles and Feasts
- Pomelo Margaritas from Food Lust People Love
- Winter Pomelo Ginger Margarita from Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Blood Orange Margarita Jello Shots from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salted Margarita Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Lime Margarita Cupcakes from Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Lime Aide Margarita Popsicles from Simply Healthy Family