Fruit Infused Water

water 019 1024x685 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

I love water..yes it’s my preferred daily drink. But recently when we all got sick I’m not sure why-but I was having problems staying hydrated. I think  in part  that my throat was killing me and I wanted something warm to soothe me in turn I was downing cups of tea.  Also when I’m sick my taste buds well at least mine feel off- something I usually enjoy somehow taste different- make any sense? Well when I noticed my girls’ were not drinking their share I knew I had to act. I got this idea from Country Living magazine but thought I would put my spin on it to the satisfy my kiddos taste.

Here’s  the idea- pick any fruit your family enjoys..we picked apple, grapefruit and oranges. Slice the fruit, place in a pitcher with a quart of water and chill for a hour and  try to drink that day. The water gets the essence of the fruit and offers a little something different to your taste buds.

water 018 1024x685 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

My girls’ thought it was amazing idea and enjoyed “something new”

water 007 1024x867 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

Thier fav was the apple I also added lemon zest to this one.

water 002 1023x416 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

My fav was the grapefruit…kinda sweet but just a little tart from the skin..lovely

icecubes 010 1024x1018 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

Of course I couldn’t stop there and made ice cubes…

icecubes 022 1024x685 Fruit Infused Water holiday recipes chuls gang beverages

Lemon-grapefruit and strawberry cubes–juice your citrus and add zest or puree your fuit and fill in trays. Enjoy!!

Comments

I pretty much only drink water too and you are right, when you are sick, it doesn’t taste as good. I would like to try the fruit and water. I’ve had cucumber and lemon waters before, but this would be fun to try! Thanks!

This post has gorgeous photos (not that your photos aren’t generally beautiful–because they are). There’s just something very mouthwateringly yummy about these. Must be all the fruit. :)

This is a great idea — in a similar vein, I like to add a few thin slices of orange (or lemon, or lime) to a pitcher of water — it looks pretty and gives the water a little boost.

I bet strawberry slices would be good, too!

I’ve stuck lime wedges and cucumber slices in water for a refreshing touch, but I’ve never thought about doing it with apple! I’m going to try that soon!

When summertime gets here, I’ll be making fruit ice cubes…but I think I’ll put a stick in them for popsicles. Mmm…thanks for the ideas!

What a magnificent idea to flavor the water. (Better than spending an arm and a leg at the store for a bottle!) And those ice cubes are great.

Definitely like the fruit infused water. It’s tasty and refreshing without too much flavor and no added sugar. I also like a little cucumber infused water. They had it at a spa I went to; very refreshing!

I guess it is time for spring cleaning eh? I’m sure I have a bag or two to donate. Good for you for really digging deep into your closet and helping the women in need :)

cheers!

I love that idea! I am usually totally against buying bottled water with artificial fruit flavors and inflated price tags, but this on te other hand is 100% natural! I will try it as early as tomorrow and let you know if you’d like! Thanks!

Absolutely lovely. I saw this fruit water in Trader Joe’s last year and I was absolutely addicted all last summer. Thanks for reminding me – it really makes for a very refreshing drink. And with your presentation it also looks beautiful :-).
    And I love the idea of making these flavored ice cubed!

I love drinking water, but lately I’ve been thinking I could add extra vitamins & minerals to my day if I drank more teas, especially herbal ones. So at night before bed I’ve been making tea with chamomile, ginger & mint, it’s heavenly. The chamomile & mint are from the garden, ginger isn’t (maybe someday). I’m hoping to up the herbs in the garden and experiment with more herbal tonics to stimulate health.

I do love some lemon in my water and tea as well.

You know, I used to do that with water and it was so nice. Thanks for reminding me, as I actually had the same ‘hydration problem’-too much hot tea! I am going to try the grapefruit-there are so many trees with fruit on them in my hollow right now!

I do the flavoured water thing with lime, didn’t register that it would work with other fruits! Very cool! Also, your ice cubes are brilliant! Lemon-grapefruit sounds soo good.

& that’s great that you were able to help out by donating. I have a big pile of stuff for donating, but I somehow never get around to it =(. Must schedule in a day for it!

Nice post!