End Valentine’s Day on the sweetest note with my individual Concha Trifles. Conchas, pudding, fresh berries layered and topped with whipped cream can be made in under 5 minutes. Simplicity at its best my adorable individual concha trifles are the perfect ending to your Valentine’s Day.
I am in LOVE with these individual concha trifles. Not only are they cute, pero guys they are SO easy to make. My individual concha trifles came together in a need to whip up a quick dessert at my amiga’s house. The kids requested dessert. We rummaged through her pantry, fridge and used the leftover conchas I had picked up for our morning café.
Diced conchas, pudding, fresh berries and whipped topping – so good!
I’m highlighting my childhood love for Conchas with a new series called TODAS LAS CONCHAS. 14 days of new concha recipes leading up to the sweetest day Valentines Day, featuring our beloved concha.
Yesterday I share concha bark, today I am excitedly thrilled to share with you how easy it is to make individual concha trifles at home.
The sweet smell of conchas reminds me of my childhood. Nothing made me happier than walking to the panaderia with my Abuelito to buy pan dulce – the pink ones were my sister’s favorite; I preferred a chocolate concha. They were soft, fluffy, and sweet just like my Abuelito.
I grew up with conchas – and I am now raising my daughters on conchas – todo el amor
No other pan dulce represents our heritage culture, love of Mexico and reminds us of home and family like the concha.
The concha is SO much more than just a delicious pastry, it is part of our childhood, our memories of time with the family and the sweetest gift we share with our children.
What I also love is that talented bakers & bakeries are continuing to bake, share and experiment with our beloved concha gifting us with amazing new flavors, new concha designs and desserts featuring the concha – todo el talento
Today I want to share a quick and easy individual concha trifle that you can whip up in under ten minutes just in time for Valentine’s Day.
TIPS ON MAKING INDIVIDUAL CONCHA TRIFLES
- For this recipe I used vanilla pudding, but chocolate pudding and a chocolate concha would be an amazing combo also!
- Dice the concha into bit-sized piece, you want the concha to soak in a bit of the pudding, but not fall apart.
- Save any leftover crumbs when slicing to sprinkle on the whipped topping, so pretty!
- Add nuts, dried fruit to the trifles to mix it up. A sprinkle of each, ohh pepitas would be great or pecans.
- Drizzle these babies with chocolate or dulce de leche for an added extra touch.
- This recipe makes four individual trifles. One concha per glass, one cup of pudding per trifle.
- Double recipe to make one large trifle.
- 4 conchas any flavor, diced
- 4 cups of pudding
- Fresh strawberries sliced
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping
To assemble, begin my layering a glass with diced concha, berries and pudding. Continue with the second layer. Top with whipped cream. One concha, one cup of pudding per trifle.
MORE CONCHA RECIPES:
Leave a Reply